Poem A Day: Hunger For More

Poem A Day: Hunger for More; I wrote this when I was obviously hungry. I wrote it around 2004. 

 

 

 

HUNGER FOR MORE

 

 

 

 

My stomach is grumbling,

Like a storm thundering,

I need to get to the kitchen,

And cook up some chicken,

Some green beans,

With some macaroni and cheese,

Baked beans well seasoned,

I smell my next-door neighbor cooking,

And they teasing,

I need to unleash the inner-chef in me,

And make some chicken noodles with peas,

I don’t like black-eyed peas,

Because I be thinking they looking at me,

I feeling kind of Italian,

So, I’m going to get me some lasagna and spaghetti,

Some bread sticks on the side,

Can’t forget dessert, a slice of pie,

I’m a tenth French that’s why I eat fries,

Put a little mashed potatoes on my plate,

And I’m straight,

Add some cabbage, and I’m so gay,

I want to eat like it’s Thanksgiving Day,

With some turkey and ham on my plate,

Give me all five of the food groups, I’m nutritious,

But then again, I want cookies and cakes,

I’m swaying from my diet getting seditious,

Pour some Gatorade in my chalice,

And I’ll wait about and hour,

 My stomach is grumbling,

And moving in a continuous motion,

I’m just so hungry.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Remember?

My Journey...... So far..............