Osama Bin Laden's Death

On September 11, 2001 I was 14 years old. I was a freshmen at Colonel White High school. I remember that day. I was in my Algebra I class. Over 95% of the class was not paying attention to the teacher at all. The television was on. I seen it. I seen the planes hit the towers. It kept playing over and over, and then a plane hit the Pentagon. I did not even know what the World Trade Center was. I went on throughout the day not really getting a full description of what really happen. It wasn't because it wasn't told to me, or neither was it because there was little media attention to the whole ordeal. It was because I had little interest. I was 14. After school I always went over my Annie and Uncle Otis house. When I got there is when I realized it was something really happening. It was something that I needed to pay attention to. It was this loud boom that shook the grounds, and I hurried in the house. I asked my mother did she hear that as soon as I walked in. She did to no surprise. The television was on, and they were watching the news coverage of the attacks. I later found out that loud boom was a plane leaving from Wright Patterson Air Force Base heading to Indiana, and it took off very quickly which is why we heard the boom. That day changed the life of Americans. Over 3,000 people died that day.
   Fast forward 10 years later. The man that was responsible for the attack was killed in May 1, 2011. Although Osama Bin Laden death brings closure to many, the thought of celebrating someone's death is despicable. We should not celebrate anyone's death as Americans, as Christians. It is wrong. The media has over publicized the death. I will not be surprised it America does receive another attack. It is down right wrong to celebrate a man's death regardless of what he has done. We as Christians are taught to forgive. All have sinned and fell short of the glory of God. Osama Bin Laden was evil man, and the fact that he is dead and cannot hurt anyone is good. However we should move on, instead of pressing the issue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey...... So far..............