What Could Have Been...


Could have been

Trying to press backspace and delete on these images,
However they are tattooed in my mind forever,
Forever – a long time,
It’s been a long time since we were face to face,
And I laid eyes on those pretty brown eyes,
That looked me in the eye and said I love you,
I love you— I hear it over and over like my favorite song on repeat,
As I hear those words over and over, I feel your touch,
Your soft warm touch that blankets my body,
And I am overwhelmed with lust,
Take what’s in my heart and allow it to jump to yours again,
Again so we can share the same feeling, a feeling that we both once had,
A feeling that will not allow me to separate the presence from the past,
Cause all I can think of is what we could have had,
Wandering if your mind is where mine is and you share the same too,
Or am I solo like the nights I spend with a dildo wishing it was your flesh,
I compared the next to you, but there is not anything like the best,
Can’t help to think what it would be if it was still you and I,
Those lips and those pretty brown eyes,
What could have been… happily ever after, my prince and I.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Remember?