Random rant...........

As a child I remember wanting to be a teacher when I grew up. It was my third grade teacher Mrs. Rice who inspired me. She was small in stature, and always wore a smile. Her body size is what intrigued me the most. She was so tiny, however she could handle us unruly children. It was that primarily why I became interested in teaching. I believed that since I was tiny liker her, I could be a good teacher and handle my students as well as she did.

As I aged my interest in teaching faded, and I found my gift. I was blessed in the 6th grade to come have Mrs. Weave as my 6th grade teacher. Though at first I didn't realize the impact she would have on my life, I do now. She instructed the class to write three poems after a class lessons. I wrote "What A Beautiful Day", "Friends", and "At Night".


What a beautiful day,                                                            
Wouldn’t you say?                                                               
                                                                                            
Can I go outside to play?                                                      
Said brother to ma,                                                               
Why can’t you hear that baby cry?                                        
Go get that boy before he die,                                               
Can I go outside to play?                                                      
Said brother to pa,
Don’t you need to get your homework done?
Before you go out and run,

Can I go outside to play?
Said brother to grandma,
Don’t you need to go out and bathe?
For school the nest day,

What a beautiful day,
Wouldn’t you say?

Friends are good, and friends are fine,
They stick by you all the time,
They stay on time,
And never late,
Even if you change the date,
Friends are special,
And friends are the best,
That is why you are my friend,
Until we lay down to rest. 

At night I go to my resting place, 
To go and rest my face, 
I say good night to all the birds and fleas, 
Then get on my knees to pray to my God, 
I pray for my new fishing rod, 
And everything he blessed me with, 
Then get in my bed and lay my head. 

I won the contest for not only my class, but I also the whole school. It was then that I realized that I was meant to write. Writing is my gift from God that I will give to the world. Since then I knew that I wanted to be a writer. I want to change or alter others thinking through my words. 

Since the 6th grade I have been working towards my goal of becoming a writer, nonetheless, life and its twists and turns has almost caused me to stray away form my first love. After a brief sting away from school I have found myself working in healthcare. Though working in the healthcare industry is was never apart of my plan, it has been a rewarding learning experience that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I have met so many people that has left a lasting impression and has helped shaped my perspective on life. I love what I do. I provide care to residents that at the ends of their life, most who cannot care for themselves which you find yourselves doing activities of daily living for them. While it is a rewarding job, lately I have been feeling irritated about it. There are many people in the nursing field with careless attitudes, and do not treat residents with the type of care that they should be given. It saddens me that this happens in nursing facilities. When people age they do not want to be put into a nursing facility, however if they are placed into a nursing facility they are expected to be treated with the utmost care and respect. 

Comments

  1. Beautifylly written, follow your dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to everything. Wendellyn said it loud in clear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Remember?

My Journey...... So far..............