Who am I ?


Going through my daily conversations with individuals i have come across the fact that I as an African American does not know anything about my past. Not only I but my peers and other African American around me. It actually kind of hurt that I can not tell you who I am. Since My forefathers and ancestors was brought here on slave ships stripped of their names cultures and was forced to leave everything they knew behind I am left IGNORANT. Ignorant of what my name could have been if I my ancestors were not stolen from their country. Ignorant of values and morals that could have been instilled into me. I listen to Others say Oh I have a Scotland or English or Italian or German etc background and I can not name any of that. I do not even know my own grandfathers or other family members let alone know who I am How could I be so lost. I have let these feelings hide for so long it kind of feels great to get it out. Although, many can say who they are and where they came from, I am proud of my history. I am proud that there were people that came before me like Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Rosa Parks Ida B Well Thurgood Marshall Harriet Tubman Malcom X and so many others to fight for me to fight for our rights and to put us and in African American here today 


Why do people hate who they are? Black is Beautiful. Instead of embracing your culture individuals reach out to a culture that points the finger at you look down at you rather God not even created you. They are why we are where we are today 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Remember?

My Journey...... So far..............