Poem of the Day: Helpless

Sometimes looking through my old poetry, its hard because it takes me back to the time of when I wrote the poem. The emotions of that time return, and I become handicap in that moment. Tonight I came across, Helpless. March 17, 2005 was a hard day. It was St. Patrick's day, whoever knew a day so lucky could become so unlucky. (I guess I'm not Irish though).









HELPLESS



Helpless.
What could I do?
Nothing, but think how cruel,
She’s only eleven,
Still barely a baby
As she cries and cry,
And I lie and lie,
How is she doing?
She is doing okay is what I reply,
Helpless.
What could I do?
Nothing, but wish her pain would quit,
Constant pain, bones split,
Helpless.
Left to watch her cry,
As she look to me for aid,
I look at her in shame,
Because there is nothing I can do,
I am left helpless.

Helpless
Kristyna Cochran

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random rant...........

My Journey...... So far..............