Antsy Struggling Writer

From the time I was 12 years old I knew what I wanted to do. I knew where I wanted to do in life. I even wrote a goals list. I knew that I just was going to be somebody in life. I had this crazy dream of writing and publishing enough books to have my own library. When I was in the 6th grade my teacher Mrs. Weaver at Whittier Elementary School had the class write 3 poems for the school contest. I was the grand prize winner out of all the students in the school. I had won a walk man. Right now a walk man don't seem like a big prize, but back then it was pretty popular. Since I won the contest I began to think, wow, I must really be good at this. There so begins my writing career. I am now 24 and have almost 24 poems, 4 short stories, and over a dozen novels in the process. One half way done. Although I have went through my times of doubt and have been discouraged writing is my passion. It has this uncanny way of getting me through foreseen and unforeseen circumstances. I have sent my work in to numerous of magazines and publishers, and have either been pushed to the bottom of the pile or has received rejection letters. At first, the rejection letters really bothered me. I let many people read my work and they tell me how talented I am, and I wonder if I am so talented why have I not received a book deal yet. I had got so discouraged whereas I would throw my whole book of poetry in the trash, but fortunately my mom would get it out. That let me know that she believes in me, but I am the one who needs to believe in me the most. I have met many hardships breaking in this field, but my experiences in life and the God given talent makes me a great writer. Things could not be more frustrating than being gifted, and not being able to share it with the world. I feel like my poetry and my stories could change somebodies life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Remember?

My Journey...... So far..............