My Journey...... So far..............

     When I graduated high school May 31, 2005. I enjoyed my summer. Then about August 25 I went down to Montgomery, Alabama to attend Alabama State University. While at Alabama State University I made friends and memories that will last with me for a life time.
      Around the end of my sophomore year nearing spring break a representative from Walt Disney World college program came to our school. My best friends and I attended the presentation after we preregistered for our Fall 2007 classes. After we attended the presentation, we were invited to an interview. I went to my interview and the representative asked me to come and become an intern at Walt Disney World. I temporarily accepted the position. I called my mother excited as ever. I asked her do she think it would be a good idea if I went. She told me it was an opportunity of a lifetime and how could I even be thinking about it. I thought I would have to be take some time out of school, but she said I never been why not go for the experience. So I decided to go.
    A week later my mother calls me crying profusely. She says she doesn't think that Annie would make it to spring break, and I needed to come home now. So she book me a ticket on the greyhound for that Friday. I was kind of upset the school would only allow you to miss 1 day if it was your aunt. How could the school determine how close a relative was to someone. It's impossible to know. For all they knew I was raised by my auntie. Although, I was not raised by my Annie, she was very dear to my heart. She was like my grandmother, more like a second mother. Yeah, I had to mothers. My mother, and my Annie.
     I got on the greyhound not really realizing what was about to happen. I know my mom said Annie might not make it, but I was not thinking of my Annie dying. I just could not fathom my Annie dying. It was unrealistic. Every few hours I would get this call, "Tyna where are you, it's not looking good," my mother would say. I would update her on my location. I finally seen the big Jesus, and I knew I was home. I then seen the Cooper Tires building. Then I called my mom and told her I was passing the Cooper Tires building and she should head downtown. As arrive in the greyhound station, my mother and my sister Diamond was standing there waiting on me. We quickly hugged, and got into the car. we raced down to The covenant house. When we arrived my grandmother was there. Annie was laying on her back. I began to tear up as I seen her. She already almost look life less. I walk over and said, "Annie, it's me Tyna, I'm Here." They turned her onto her side and she opened her eyes. They rolled her back on her back. We sat there for a few hours until my mom was ready to go. She had to be at work in the morning.
      We got the call about 2:00. I was devastated. I couldn't believe it. My Annie had died. The funeral was the next week. I was lucky because it was Spring Break. One thing that I thought was cool about the funeral was when we went to the grave site. They had open Uncle Otis tomb because he was inside of the wall. She was going to go right in. They are head to head and heart to heart forever.
     Going back to school was hard. I still couldn't believe that I would never see my Annie again. It was almost hard for me to even study. Everything that I would do, I would think about Annie. She was always on my mind. When I sucked my lip, I could hear Annie in my head saying let go of that lip. When I had my monthly I would think of Annie bringing me a bowl of chicken noodle soup and some 7up in her basket in front of her walker.
     The spring semester, and I went home until it was time for me to to go to my Walt Disney World internship. While at home I worked at Cici's Pizza.
     The summer came and gone, and August came around it was time for me to go to Orlando, Florida. My mom chose to put me on a a plane. I never been on a plane before. It was a crazy experience. My brother Dion, my mom, and my sister Diamond was there to see me off. We hugged like we would never see each other again. I went to the airport and found the terminal that was going to Orlando, Fl. I got on the plane and sat in my seat. They flight attendant told us to put our seat belts on. I began to cry. my heart started to beat harder and harder and harder. The plane going up in the air felt like a roller coaster taking off. As we got in the air it didn't seem so bad.
    Working at Walt Disney World was one of the best experiences I have ever had. I met people that I will never forget. I made friends that will last a lifetime. I learned a little Spanish, Portuguese, Taiwan. I was able to bring my family down to a place they never been. We even went to the beach.
    When my Walt Disney World intern was over I went back home, and in August I was looking to get back in school. Only to find that I wasn't able to get back in school. My students loans had fell into default, and Alabama State University had placed a hold on my transcripts.
     Since I wasn't able to return to school. I felt like I was stuck in my home town Dayton, Oh. So, I flooded the market with applications, and was hired on at Burger King. I was hired on at 7.30 and hour. Since I was making my own money I felt like I should pay my own phone bill. So I sold my phone that my mother had bought me and got off of her line, and went to sprint and bought a new phone with my on line.
     While working at Burger King I wasn't making any money. After my mom had moved us from Huber heights, Oh to Centerville, Oh, it made my commute to work longer. One day in November when I was waiting on the bus  stop, the bus had rolled right passed me. My mom was at work so there was not anyone in the family that could give me a ride to work. I called like four taxi's and they said it will be 2 hours. So, I started walking. It was freezing out there. It took me four hours to get the work. After that day, I saved my next four checks minus my cell phone bill, and was able to put $500.00 down on my first car. It was a 2002 Dodge Intrepid.
     The beginning of 2010 my engine in Intrepid had blew. I had only $1800 left to pay. My brother Shaun and my mom helped me get my new car. I traded the Intrepid and $1800 in for a 2007 Ford Focus. After 6 months of having my Focus, 2 weeks after my mom was in a car accident, my brother Shaun, his children Kaliha and Kristian my mom, my sister and I was all in a car accident. I was driving. I was going to take my mom to to get a car. As I was going through a yellow light, a lady had turned left hitting us. It was the most scariest situation I have ever been in in my entire life. However, that situation allowed me to be able to get my new car. I have a beautiful 2009 Hyundai Accent.
    My journey since high school has been rocky. I began college, went to the Walt Disney World internship, and now I am unable to get back in college. Though my loans are not in default anymore. Alabama State University has a hold on my transcripts. They said I should have withdrew from those classes, but between my Annie dying and getting ready for Walt Disney World either I thought it was done or it slipped my mind.
   In order for me to get back in school I have to pay $1100 to get the hold off my transcripts. I don't understand when it's people that try, and people that want to go to school they are put into a position where they cannot go to school. Where is the help? I want an education. I don't want to work low end jobs forever. I want to be successful. Why is that so hard to obtain? I am now currently a STNA. I had worked in a nursing home for two years. Although I never thought I would be working in that type of position, working at Oak Creek Terrace was an experience that I won't forget. There were many employees that I enjoyed working with, and many residents that I miss. My journey has brought me to my current situation here living in Marietta, Georgia. I am here pursing my dreams. I want to be a writer. I want to be one of the best writers that ever lived. I also want to rap. So here I am on my journey with my God, my family and friends by my side.

Comments

  1. you are a beautiful person stay strong stay focus you can make it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Random rant...........