67 Days!

On Saturday October 29, 2011, I packed my belongings in to my little 2009 Hyundai Accent and moved away  from Dayton, Ohio. There were mixed emotions there. I was excited to begin a new chapter in my life, but I was kind of sad to leave my family and friends behind.

I turned 25 on that Monday and Wednesday was my last day at work. It was a little emotional. Many of my co-workers and residents were teary-eyed. They were sad to see me go. It was nice to know that I made that type of impression on others. My brothers and sister also seemed as if they were sad to see me go. Well of course they would. They wouldn't have any one to depend on any more. My mom was sad. She was sad to see me go. We are very close. My mother is my friend, mother, mentor, and support system, and I think she would say the same for me. All except me being her mother part of course. My mother understood the ramifications of me distancing myself from the situation that I felt like I was in. She knew what my intentions were so I think that put her mind a little at ease.

It has now been 67 days that I have been living in the south. by the way of Marietta, Ga. These 67 days have been very tumultuous. I have been happy, sad, frustrated, angry, and probably many more emotions. I never though you could go through so many emotions in such a short time. However, this has experience has also made me stronger. My faith has become even more stronger. My relationship with God is stronger. Having a strong spiritual base will keep me grounded. The first thing I did when I came down was find a church. I found a really nice church that I have been going to. I think I would like to try other churches too. The job search is over. I finally found a job, and boy was it a search. I have been having a few problems with the job, but God willing things will work out and I will be able to continue to work there. I have been attending a few open mics here. The poetry scene in Atlanta, Ga is bananas. Its crazy nice. I get excited to go every time. There are some amazing artists that comes out. I am just happy to be apart of it.

So far,  I am enjoying my move to Georgia. I have a few worries, but not anything that I don't think the Lord can't help me handle. Praying each day that every day is better. As I continue to move on, I am looking forward to a brighter future!

Comments

  1. keep the faith all things work out for the good if you believe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Random rant...........

My Journey...... So far..............