Poem a day: Mask



 I wrote this poem in high school, yet I have revised it a few times over the years. Though I wrote this poem over ten years ago, I find it still relevant today. Often you find yourself in relationships, whether its family relationships, work or school relationships and find that despite the fact that you are around people on a daily basis you do not know them. A person may make a decision and it may seem like it out of the blue to you, yet if you really knew that person it would not seem out of the blue.


You have not seen me,
Though you see me daily,
You do not hear me,
Though you have listened to me,
Your ears are not full of cerumen,
Your eyes are not affected by rheum,
If I take all the clothes off my back,
Deep within me, knowledge you still lack,
You seen me, but really do you see me,
I’ve allowed you to know me,
But my soul, my mind, my heart,
Is deep from within in your reaching,
I’ve walked your halls,
I’ve followed your rules yours laws,
My appalling cry you do not hear,
Whatever you take me as,
It’s not really me,
I wear the mask,
Daily why can’t you see?
Look at me,
No, really look at me.

Mask
Kristyna Cochran 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Remember?