Poem a Day: Where Did the Dreams Go?



Frequently we let life's adversity get in the way of our dreams or we become complacent in our relationships or situations. We must not allow life to stifle our dreams, nonetheless, we must push forward through life's tribulations. 

Lost in life,
Amidst trials and setbacks that cause an abyss of disappointment,
In the back of my mind, the thought of success is still crawling,
A teacher, lawyer, doctor, minister,
Loads of possibilities, but the consequences and choices of life,
Has caused deep regret,
And now, I am left financially, emotionally, and mentally
In debt of my pass,
Dreaming of it become more than just a fantasy,
But life and it’s twists and turns has made it almost unattainable,
I crave to be there, there, you know there where my dream is,
Where my dream is attainable and my inner self is defeated,
Where patience has more value, and wanting it now,
Does not put me in risk of failure,
I don’t want to be here, here with a lost dream,
Here wishing my vision could be seen,
Seen as in reality, rather than fantasy,
Up in flames when I became known as a felony,
Down the drain when I came to know of this pregnancy,
Like the last leaf of autumn; fallen,
My dream, fallen. 

Where Did the Dreams Go?
Kristyna Cochran 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey...... So far..............