Poem of the Day: The Evolution of a Deadbeat Crackhead


The Evolution of a deadbeat crack head



Halfway hoping for a relapse so I could be right,

As halfway wrong as that sounds,

How could I not want to be right?

Tug of war with my conscious,

Although, I subconsciously want to say the word daddy,

The past, present, and future is clashing,

Your past is affecting the present,

And your presence is precedence to me,

And its becoming more detrimental to rekindle a relationship that never was,

Never was…

No it was never anything there but

Abandonment

Bereavement

Carelessness

Shall I go on

No let’s not dwell on the past,

Although the past has made me who I am,

 I cannot let those events shape my future,

Hmm hmm … our future,

Maybe time has done you well,

And yes, I say maybe with a plethora of doubt,

Scratching my head thinking of a way to let you in,

But still ….

A question mark lingers

Forget the past…

There are things that you can’t forget.

The Evolution of a Deadbeat Crackhead
Kristyna Cochran

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random rant...........

My Journey...... So far..............