Poem of the Day: Summer Thing


I think about you…

I think about you on a daily basis,

I tried to eradicate thoughts of you,

Though I have fall short,

And you were much less than what I have I anticipated,

I can’t think of a time when I felt you were untrue,

The more time we spent together,

The closer we grew, unexpected feelings accrued,

But lack of communication became the norm,

No ringing of the phone, no buzzing from a text,

I’m not being to upfront, I’m not being a pest,

A desire for more than what we have or had,

Looking towards the future without dwelling on the past,

Based on our time together, I thought it would turn into something,

But based on actions, I classified it as a summer fling,

The dog days of summer has loom, silence has crept,

No bindings through a relationship,

So no hard feelings to sort,

Backed up in my prefrontal cortex, how could I ever forget,

Times likes these are learning experiences not sighs of regret.


Summer thing
Kristyna Cochran

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random rant...........

My Journey...... So far..............