Poem of the Day: Cough

First poem of 2017 is a flashback Friday poem. This poem was written circa 2004-2005.


COUGH









I cough, I cough,

Wheezing continues,

Loss of breath although I don’t have asthma,

As she continue to cause her lungs to become discolored,

The inhabitants in her presence noses and breathing continue to be bothered,

We say stop mommy, don’t smoke no more,

She says stop honey; don’t stress me out no more,

The continuation of the persuasion commence to become restless,

When a celebrated event occurred,

She said she will stop the harmful habit,

That which the event has passed umpteen months ago,

The hopeful, non-persuasive faces of her children,

Doesn’t cause her to abort,

Complaining of financial problems,

Five dollars a pack, supporting a habit that she can barely afford,

I think to join the organization stand,

Because the harsh smell of her breath and clothes,

I cannot stand,

I cough, I cough



Cough
Kristyna Cochran

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random rant...........

My Journey...... So far..............