Genesis

Today I decided to share three of my most original poems. These three poems that I am going to share today are the first poems that I written. Well, at least the first poems that made me believe that I was a poet.I remember an assignment that I had to complete in sixth grade. We we working on poetry. We had to complete three poems and they were to be entered into the school contest. 

I won the contest throughout the whole school. I was quite proud of myself at that time. I remember winning a Walkman. I thought it was so dope! I didn't have one. So, I was excited to get it, yet, I was also excited to win the contest with my poetry that I had written. 

A few weeks later we were practicing for a school concert. We were singing R.Kelly I Believe I Can Fly. I had wanted the solo part in the concert and I was upset that I did not get the part. I remember looking out the window of the classroom down because I did not get the part and my teacher coming over to talk with me. She said I won the poetry contest. I was good at it and I should keep writing.

From thence on, I began to keep a notebook with me wherever I went. If we went to church, I had my notebook, shopping, to the park, any where we went; I had my notebook with me. 

Here are the three poems that shall we say, started it all. 

Friends, What A Beautiful Day, and A Homeless Child:

FRIENDS

Friends are good and friends are fine,

They stick by you all the time,

They stay on time,

And never late,

Even if you change the date,

Friend’s are special,

And friends are the best,

That is why you are my friend,

Until we go down to rest. 


 

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY

What a beautiful day,

Wouldn’t you say?

 

Can I go outside to play?

Said brother to ma,

Why can’t you hear that baby cry?

Go get that boy before he die,

 

Can I go outside to play?

Said brother to pa,

Don’t you need to get your homework done?

Before you go out and run,

 

Can I go outside to play?

Said brother to grandma,

Don’t you need to go out and bathe?

For school the nest day,

 

What a beautiful day,

Wouldn’t you say?

A HOMELESS CHILD

I am such a homeless child,

Living in this violent world,

I am all alone without a home,

No one to take care of me,

No one to give me any tea,

I am all alone by myself,

The only one to lend me a hand,

Is God my friend,

He loves me all the time,

No matter if I’m deaf or blind,

He says someday I’ll have a home,

Someday I won’t be alone,

Just someday. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random rant...........

My Journey...... So far..............